The three arrested BIFU officials will be charged with disturbance and holding a violent protest, despite the protests being peaceful as streamed by our reporter that we sent there to cover the protests.
As at yesterday, the Central Police Station was under total pressure to ensure the officials are locked up and charged, to weaken them according to Joshua Oigara’s demands.
The BIFU secretary general, Isaiah Okomo, whom the BIFU youngsters want out spent the whole day at the Central police station, locked up in the OCS office after giving him money, demanding that the officials must face it. He also made up a false claim saying he was pushed by one officials.
The police took statements from Gabriel Okomo, Duncan Muthusi and Alphonce Were under the watch of their lawyer.
Bankers have accused Isaiah Kubai of using the union funds to bribe police who are just like mercenaries for hire.
The bankers will be represented by Lawyer Fidelis Smith, who lamented that his clients have been arrested and tortured and bullied for exercising their constitutional rights. The matter will be at Milimani law courts
Here are the demands from the bankers
According to bankers that we have spoken to , Mr. Kubai has been silent when managements of banks conduct the following atrocities against its membership
Here are some of the issues they have raised
1. Sacking of union officials in KCB case in point William Olechike of KCB
2. Colluding with banks management to cripple medical cover cases
3. Colluding with management to cripple appraisal cause 1619 of 2017 of KCB
4. Colluding with management of Barclays to deny employees benefits considering that ABSA has taken over the bank.
5. Faling to provide audited books of accounts of BIFU
6. Failing to conduct AGM for membership
7.Failing to conduct national elections for the last 30 years
8.Failing to deal with agents banking being relocated inside banks
9.Failing to stop share logic company from outsourcing employment to banks.
10. Failing to intervene the mass retrenchment of NBK staff and the termination of Shares department employees of KCB.
Would you like to get published on this Popular Blog? You can now email Cyprian Nyakundi any breaking news, Exposes, story ideas, human interest articles or interesting videos on: [email protected] Videos and pictures can be sent to +254 710 280 973 on WhatsApp, Signal and Telegram.