Principal Supply Chain Management Officer Jobs, Supply Chain Jobs 2020, KICC Jobs
The Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC) is established under the Tourism Act, No. 28 of 2011 (the Act). KICC’s mandate is to promote business of meetings, conferences and exhibitions. This entails:-
- Organizing and hosting meetings and providing incentives for conferences and exhibitions at the Convention Centre;
- Developing and implementing the national meetings, incentives for conferences and exhibitions strategy, in collaboration with the Tourism Board upon consultation with the relevant stakeholders;
- Marketing the Convention Centre, in collaboration with the Tourism Board; and
- Perform any other functions that are ancillary to the object and purpose for which the Convention Centre is established.
KICC is in the process of recruiting suitable persons and invites applications for the following posts:-
PRINCIPAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT OFFICER,JOB GRADE 4 REF: KICC/PSCO/2020
The Principal Supply Chain Officer reports to Supply Chain Manager.
- Prepare and consolidating procurement and disposal plans;
- Coordinate market surveys and research for goods, works and services;
- Maintain and archiving of documents and records of the procurement and disposal activities for the required period;
- Preparing the corporation’s framework agreements for goods, works and services;
- Consolidation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual statutory and management reports on procurement activities;
- Contract implementation and monitoring procurements contracts as at prescribed in the procurement manual/ policies/ procedures to ensure adherence to the law;
- Drafting advisory/ professional opinion on procurement matters to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO).
- Preparing tender and asset disposal documents to facilitate competition and contract documents in line with the aware decision as well as issuance of debriefing letters; and
- Preparing contract variations and modification documents for goods, works and services;
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:-
- A minimum period of six (6) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been at the level of senior officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines;- Procurement, Purchasing,Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business
- Administration of any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Procurement,Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or any equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or Chartered Institute of Purchasing (CIPS);
- Valid Practicing license from Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM);
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
Applicants must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution and avail clearance certificates from:
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation (certificate of good conduct)
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) – Tax Compliance
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications which should include:
- One-page statement on how you meet the requirements for the post.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Indication of current salary.
- Professional certificates and testimonials.
- Three Professional referees
TERMS OF OFFER
The successful candidate’s appointment will be as follows:-
- Job Grade KICC 3 shall be appointed on a contract of five (5) years renewable subject to performance.
- Job Grade KICC 4, Job Grade KICC 5, Job Grade KICC 6 and Job Grade KICC 7 shall be appointed on permanent and pensionable terms
Applications should be sent under confidential cover and with the envelope clearly marked as per your application Ref. “Ref. KICC/ …… /2020” not later than 17th March 2020 at 5pm to: – to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Kenyatta International Convention Centre,
P. O. Box 30746-00100,