Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones. The book suggests that An atomic habit is a little habit which is part of a larger system, a building block to remarkable results.
Atomic Habits: An Easy and Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones by James Clear is a book on tiny changes that lead to remarkable results.
The book helps one to form new habits to replace bad old habits and it also guides someone on how to move from one step to another by using small, tiny , unnoticeable changes in their day-to-day behaviour. The author emphasizes on working on our systems to shape our progress and success and win over a bad habit, poor character, quit an addiction, lose weight, or overhaul an entire system or organization.
According to the author, here are the 10 things this book will teach you:
Learn how to…
- Build a system for getting 1% better every day.
- Break your bad habits and stick to good ones.
- Avoid the common mistakes most people make when changing habits.
- Overcome a lack of motivation and willpower.
- Develop a stronger identity and believe in yourself.
- Make time for new habits (even when life gets crazy).
- Design your environment to make success easier.
- Make tiny, easy changes that deliver big results.
- Get back on track when you get off course.
- And most importantly, how to put these ideas into practice in real life.