Connect with us

Business News

Mike Sonko Did Not Say He Has Recording Of President Kenyatta

Published

on


Mike Sonko even demanded that the owners of the digital news site be arrested by the Directorate of Criminal Investigations.

An article shared by Feed News on 24th November saying that former Nairobi Governor Mike Mbuvi Sonko disclosed recording President Uhuru Kenyatta was fake. Although the article – titled “Big bloów to Uhuru as Sonko said he had his recording” – has since vanished from the website, an earlier screenshot of the page reveals content claiming that Sonko had a recording of President Uhuru Kenyatta admitting that he had played a role in his ouster last year. The website has since been deactivated.

A fact-check on the article, however, reveals that the report was fake. Sonko stated through Facebook and Twitter posts on November 24 that he did not have a recording of the President. He added that certain people were taking advantage of the exposé on High Court Judge Juma Chitembwe. Sonko even demanded that the owners of the digital news site be arrésted by the Directorate of Criminál Investigations.

“Some characters are taking advantage of my exposé on the rot in the Kenyan Judiciary to divert attention by involving His Excellency Uhuru Kenyatta in this,” Sonko said. “Please, note I have no recordings against the President and I respect and support him in this.

He urged the Directorate of Criminál Investigations (DCI) to move with speed and arrést the owners who, he noted, were using diversionary tactics by involving the President. He even offered a reward of Ksh300,000 to anyone who will assist him with information leading to the arrèst of the owner/admin of the blog.

Soon the post disappeared and the website was rendered non-responsive. News aggregating website Operanews which had republished the article also pulled it down. Meanwhile, a Google search reveals no credible media reported the matter.

VERDICT: An article shared by Feed News on 24th November indicating that former Nairobi Governor Mike Sonko has admitted recording President Uhuru Kenyatta was fake as it has been disowned by Sonko himself.

[This story was produced by Business Today in partnership with Code for Africa’s iLAB data journalism programme, with support from Deutsche Welle Akademie ]

Next >> Was Governor Anne Waiguru Arrésted By Anti-Graft Agency





Source link

Comments

comments

Facebook

Trending