General Surgeon, Medical Jobs, Machakos County Jobs
Job Group Q
Salary (Kshs 97,320 – 130,420)
Other allowances as per SRC guidelines.
- Be part of team of surgeons within Department of surgery and reporting to the Head of Department and Chief Officer.
- Be involved in clinical management of patients including emergency care and procedures, elective procedures, outpatient clinics and inpatient management as per duty allocation/Roster
- Provision of health services in various discipline in medicine and in the area of specialization.
- Provision of professional guidance and training of doctors, dentists, and health personnel working under him to ensure maintenance of the highest standards of health care in the hospital.
- Application of the principles and procedures of the modern medicine in preventing, Diagnosing, caring for and treating illness, injury using specialized testing, and diagnostic, medical and psychological techniques.
- Supervision of the implementation of the care and treatment plans by other medical personnel. Conducting education and research activities
- Ensure effective work planning, performance management and professional development. Setting of standards and ensuring they are enforced.
- Ensure proper handling of patients, proper record keeping and detailed examinations,
- Diagnosis, clerking and management of patient. Ensure proper procedure in referring patients
- Have a Bachelor degree of medicine and bachelor of surgery (MB:Ch.B) or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- Have a Master’s degree in the area of specialization General Surgery.
- Be registered by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Be registered as a consultant by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- Have obtained relevant and approved specialization/qualification in his/her field from recognized university.
- Have demonstrated administrative capabilities and an acceptable degree of professional competence.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the clinical and /or surgical procedures, patient care procedures, medical protocols and testing procedures.
- Have knowledge of the use of the modern technology in the area of specialization.
- Have analytical ability to evaluate and determine health status of patient and implement proper care plan.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and work under pressure.
- Be Team builder and a player.
- Exhibit high level of integrity, honesty, leadership transparency and accountability in the performance of duties.
All applicants are expected to attach copies of the following additional documents
- Tax compliance certificate from KRA
- Clearance certificate from HELB
- Clearance certificate from the Ethics and anti- corruption commission (EACC)
- Certificate of Good Conduct (DCC)
- Credit Reference Bureau clearance (CRB)
How to Apply
Applicants should go to the following online link to apply:-
Candidates should scan and attach copies of their academic and professional certificates in the online job
Application portal on or before Wednesday 24th April, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
The shortlisted candidates will be required to:
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter (6) six of the Constitution.
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Articles (10) and 232 of the Constitution Kenya,
Machakos County Government is an equal opportunity employer, Women, persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.